Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Light

(c) by JD Daniels
1997


as i lie here in the darkness,
alone, cold, afraid,
unknowing of who i am,
why i'm here
or who i possibly was.

as i lay here in the shadows,
knowing, yearning for so much more,
unaware of what tomorrow will bring.
only that there must be so much more;
than this lonely miserable existence.

as i rest here in this oblivion;
a place that is everything but nothing,
i hold the fragmented pieces of my shattered dreams,
long after the sharp edges have cut my flesh,
and poured out my life-essence onto the bitter earth.

when i thought no worse could come,
it was then the greatest storm struck,
my world, my realm, began to collapse upon itself.
it's sun, the only source of precious life sustaining light,
began to fade.

and i was left in darkness, all alone, afraid,
my tears soaked onto the already salted earth,
and my pleas fell to the ears of the deaf gods.
no one could help me.
no one could save me.
the flame of my existence began to grow dim,
with each passing moment;
the flames of any joy left in this unhappy soul,
threatened to be extinguished.

and then you entered my world.
with your innocent eyes and bright smile,
you rekindled the flames.
your laughter and joy,
unburied feelings so long constrained.
unknowingly you fed the fire,
unaware you healed the wounds.

you recreated genesis, within my world.
your life, your strength, your passion, your courage, your
innocence, your energies, your joys, your soul.
it infuses me.
it suffuses me.
it inspires me.
it gives me strength.
it gives me hope.
it gives me life.

you are the light.
you are the bright one.
you are the brilliance.

you are the source of my hopes, my dreams, my world.
you rekindle the fires of my soul, the flames of my passion,
as if you place one flame to another, you have rekindled the
blaze of my life.
as i carry your light,
the darkness seems less lonely,
the shadows, less frightening,
and the void, less empty.

with your light i can overcome any obstacle.
with your light i can reach any goal.
with your light i can dream any dream.

you are the light, that brings balance to the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment